How to Care for Your Candle
- Trim your wick to 1/4" before lighting it each time. This keeps the flame at the desired height to preform best for you candle. A wick that isn't kept trimmed can cause increased fire hazards and cause your candle to burn too quickly.
- Short burning times decrease the life of your candle. On the first burn, and as often as possible, make sure the candle burns to a full melt pool. This means there is a complete layer of melted wax on the candle. This allows the candle to continue burning evenly and prevent wicks from getting overwhelmed by the wax. Your candle also has a memory and can start to only melt where it has melted before leaving lots of leftover wax. Do not burn a candle beyond 4 hours.
- Remember that candles contain a flame. Our repurposed vessels did not always start as candles. While they have been tested extensively before their use, never leave a candle unattended while burning, near flammable materials or drafts, or within reach of pets or children. Place burning candles on a heat resistant surface.
- If your flame appears to burn too high, or you feel as if your container is getting too hot, extinguish the flame, allow it to cool, and trim your wick before relighting.
How do I know what it smells like?
The scent notes are listed for each scent. You can expect to smell and recognize these scents throughout the burn of your candle. Some scents will be released as the candle begins burning, while some will be released as the candle has been burning for a while, and some will become noticeable during a full melt pool burn. This allows for the scent to carry throughout the full burn time of your candle.
How long will my candle last?
- On average, beeswax container candles will burn 6-9 hours per ounce depending on the vessel diameter and individual scent. Keeping your wick trimmed and burning to a full melt pool will help extend the life of your candle.
- An individual wax melt will hold scent and perform well for approximately 35 melting hours.
When can I expect my order to ship?
Your order will ship within 3-5 business days of purchase.
When can I pick up my order if I am local?
If you are picking up your order locally, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a pickup time. We are located in Elizabethtown, Kentucky.
How can I reuse my candle vessel?
- To reuse your candle vessel, place your container in the freezer. This will allow the remaining wax to shrink, allowing it to be removed. Use a little force to remove the wick from the bottom of the container.
- Beeswax is NOT water-soluble. To clean the vessel, first clean with a vegetable wax and paper towel. This will prevent any residue from getting into your drains and indoor pipes. Then, clean with hot water and mild soap.
- Reuse your vessel as decor, upcycle it as a container with a new function, or send us an email at email@example.com to inquire about refilling your vessel.